Applications of marble in building
Buildings have used marble for countless years. Marble is extensively used in architecture and artistic applications; the building industry favours it in particular.
Marble is a natural stone that results from the heating and pressure-driven compression of limestone. Huge drills with diamond tips are used to cut through the reserves in the quarries to extract the beautiful stones. Any impurities that are present and run naturally through the stone to form different lines and patterns known as veins. These impurities can be found in a variety of free forms, none of which will resemble the others.
Today, marble is used in and on buildings across the globe because of its long-lasting resilience and low maintenance requirements in addition to its marvellous appearance.The Taj Mahal, a masterpiece of architecture, is a prime example of the numerous applications for marble in buildings as well as its flexibility in a variety of climatic environments.
USES OF MARBLE IN BUILDINGS
Marble is used as an embellish material for home and buildings. The walls, floors, roof, and other type of spaces are made of marble and its investment can last a lifetime. Various marble applications in interior design and construction include:
- Marble is used to lay the floor of rooms and yards– Marble has always been a fashionable and current flooring option that has never gone out of style. Although there are many other types and shades of marble available, those with white, grey, or black veining are the most common. Marble is a solution that will satisfy all of your needs if you have a set budget for flooring and want the floors to complement the décor of your home.
- Marble is used for wall cladding-Marble’s coloured veins in the stone give the walls a natural appearance.The colour of the marble chosen can lend a warm or cool sense to the room’s atmosphere, giving it a tidy and modern appearance. These can be applied in the form of square tiles or lengthy slabs.
- Marbles are used for staircases-Marble steps can seem elegant not only in opulent palaces but also in modest dwellings. By selecting the ideal marble and stair design, one can create a magnificent interior for a home.
- Marbles are used for countertops-Making countertops is one of the frequent uses of marble. Nothing can beat the look of marble countertops. The material has the ability to enhance your interior’s value.With regular upkeep, maintenance and sealing, marble countertops will last a long time in your home.
BENEFITS OF USING MARBLES
In accompaniment to giving a great look inside and outside the building, there are many other benefits of apply marble in buildings. To understand all of these brownie points, the following pointers need to be considered
- Marble is used as a protective layer in walls and floors when exposed to chemicals.
- Marble does not allow water to flow down into the walls of bathrooms and toilets.
- Marble provides a cooling effect.
- Marble is used to lay the floor, as its use prevents erosion, footprints.
- Marble provides attractiveness to the building.
- Marble is a soft and shiny material, which can be easily maintained
- The use of marble also saves time and money on whitewash, when covering walls.